Marketing Specialist - Bilingual (Spanish)
- - Development & Communications
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Marketing Specialist - Bilingual (Spanish)
Donor Relations & Marketing Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Marketing Specialist provides support to the Director of Marketing & Communications, plus the Donor Relations, Communications, and Marketing teams. This position will assist with digital content creation, strategy, and management, help manage and maintain the center's digital presence, assist with analyzing and working through digital data and generating analytic reports, and helping maintain a strong brand identity for Damien Center, Damien Cares, and Damien Pharmacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Assist with managing Damien Center's social media and web presence (i.e., Facebook, Google, Twitter, Bing, Damien.org) including launch of Spanish specific channels
- Provide translation assistance for all marketing materials and initiatives
- Assist in managing organization partnerships that support the center's marketing and fundraising goals.
- Help ensure a cohesive brand identity across all digital platforms, including but not limited to: Damien.org, social networks, Google.
- Assist in the creation of periodic marketing surveys to collect feedback from stakeholders, clients, and potential clients.
- Monitor and report all marketing and communications metrics on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications with the development, design, and distribution of high-quality print and electronic collateral, including but not limited to annual report, brochures, handouts, presentations, newsletters, business cards, external facing forms, reports, video, capital campaign materials and other multimedia programs for all areas of the agency.
- Assist with the creation and rollout of email newsletters, blog posts, and branded content creation.
- Create or share relevant graphics for content driven marketing.
- Aid with fundraising appeals, events, and digital fundraising
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications with public relations as needed – including monitoring current events and local influencers, engagement opportunities within the organization, creation of social media kits, and interview preparation.
- Assist the development of the annual Marketing & Communications plan and ensure adherence to goals and brand standards outlined within to maximize the organization's impact.
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, education, related field preferred. Experience working with social media, marketing, and web required. Bilingual in Spanish/ English required. Strong knowledge with Google products – Google My Business, Google Ads, Analytics, etc. required. Ability to work specific evenings and weekends as needed for department events required.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Ability to be self-motivated. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee will need to sit for extended periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
- FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-Time
- Leader: Director of Marketing & Communications
- Benefits: Full Benefits Package
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media