Community Engagement Specialist - Connect to Cure (New Position)
- - Support Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Community Engagement Specialist - Connect to Cure
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
Connect to Cure is a new statewide program that aims to expand care coordination and medical care to all people living with hepatitis C in Indiana. The program works closely with and will be informed by the regional Zero Is Possible Indiana (ZIP IN) Coalitions across the state. Funding for the program will create a new statewide tele-hep-C treatment option and 20 new care coordinator (CC) positions to help people living with hepatitis C (HCV) get cured. In addition to CCs, the program will create multiple new peer recovery coaches (PRCs) and testers who will help clients manage substance use disorders and get tested for hepatitis C, HIV, and STDs.
The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for managing communication and relationships with the ZIP coalitions and other key hepatitis C stakeholders in each region of Indiana. The position is responsible for ensuring meaningful involvement of the ZIP Coalitions and people with lived hepatitis C experience in the Connect to Cure Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Establish and maintain relationships with ZIP Coalitions and their members.
- Attend ZIP Coalition meetings for each region.
- Assist with needs assessments and other ways to meaningfully involve community partners and people living with HCV.
- Develop and implement tools, strategies, and processes to collect stakeholder feedback from ZIP Coalitions and people who have lived experience with hepatitis C.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, the program funder, and ZIP Coalitions to develop community-informed marketing campaigns and strategies for each ZIP region.
- Engage key hepatitis C stakeholders in their local ZIP Coalitions.
- Work with ZIP Coalitions to identify medical and supportive resources patients can be referred to in each region.
- Communicate important hepatitis C programmatic updates to the ZIP Coalitions.
- Create a transportation resource guide for hepatitis C care coordinators and their clients in each ZIP region.
- Travel the state of Indiana for ZIP Coalition meetings, stakeholder engagement, and programmatic monitoring visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
A degree in public health or another health and human services field preferred. Experience with program development and implementation preferred. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation is required.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
- FLSA Status: Full-Time
- Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
- Leader: Connect to Cure Program Manager
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.