Insurance Enrollment Program Manager
- - Support Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Insurance Enrollment Program Manager
Insurance Enrollment Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Insurance Enrollment Program Manager with their Insurance Enrollment team completes the primary responsibilities of helping clients enroll in and maintain active insurance and eligibility for various social programs. These programs include the Indiana Department of Health's HIV Medical Services Program, Marion County Public Health Department Ryan White programs, and primary insurances such as Medicare, Medicaid, Marketplace, and private insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Assists team to enroll clients in and maintain active insurance and eligibility for other social programs including the Indiana Department of Health's HIV Medical Services Program, Marion County Public Health Department Ryan White programs, and primary insurances such as Medicare, Medicaid, Marketplace, and private insurance.
• Responsible for managing updated information for all HIV treatment clients and will assist in the clinic as needed for duties including but not limited to insurance verifications, billing inquiries, document follow-up, and data tracking.
• Assisting with medical staff referrals out to other organizations and prior authorizations as needed.
• Develops Policies and Procedures to ensure timely and accurate execution of insurance services throughout the organization.
• Completes annual and monthly grant reporting benchmarks and serves as primary contact for Insurance Enrollment team for Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) and Marion County Public Health Department (MCPHD) Ryan White programs.
• Collaborates with managers across and external to the agency, ensuring information is accurate and accessible in multiple databases and platforms.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate enrollment and unenrollment of database accounts across the organization according to job role.
• Completes regular monthly audits on Insurance Enrollment Specialist (IES) staff services, notes, and billing to ensure high quality of work is completed
• Reports out RWISE birthday and half birthday referral schedules to case managers and IES staff, assigning caseloads to each IES member to address in 60- and 30-day intervals.
• Serves as primary contact for mental health and billing teams to resolve issues regarding co-payments, financial assistance applications, sliding fee scale assessments and assignments, and LabCorp bill assistance.
• Reports Insurance data when appropriate to leadership and staff
• Responsible for maintaining all Pride-Life and Damien Assisted premium insurance information, enrollments, and reports
• Analyzes health plans to meet the current and future needs of clients based on client reporting and information obtained from the case manager, Client Navigation Services provider, medical or mental health provider, pharmacy, or administrative staff.
• Other departmental duties as requested.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. 3 years' experience with Medicare/ Medicaid and commercial and marketplace insurance preferred. Experience working in a non-profit medical setting preferred. Bilingual in Spanish/ English a plus.
Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
• FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-Time,
• Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
• Leader: Director of Support Services
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media