- Clinical Services - Medical Clinic
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Damien Cares Clinic Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
Team Damien is currently seeking a Nurse to join our team. The Nurse will be responsible for creating an environment of patient-focused care, defining standards for quality care and leading, and training new and existing staff. This position will report to the Clinic Director and assist in administrative and clinical supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Participates in decision-making, teaching, mentoring, and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to advance the patient plan of care.
• Collects and records medical history and symptoms for HIV, PrEP, and primary care patients in the Electronic Medical Record.
• Collaborates with clinic providers to plan for patient care and communicate effectively among a cross-functional team.
• Advocates for the health and wellbeing of patients
• Monitor's patient health and refers appropriately to internal and external medical providers.
• Administers medications and treatments as directed by a provider and/or within standard scope of work.
• Provides support and advice to patients.
• Assesses patients, orders medical tests, and develops treatment plans.
• Provides clinical expertise for complex cases and medical emergencies.
• Explains treatment goals and expectations to clients.
• Educates patients about management of HIV, STI, and other relevant illnesses.
• Manages inventory of all clinic-administered immunizations, therapeutic injections, and other medications.
• Orders medications, supplies, and equipment as needed.
• Performs health assessments and develops specialized treatment plans.
• Adheres to the ANA Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing and the Code of Ethics for Nurses.
• Maintains confidential and sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA and Damien Clinic standards of conduct and compliance.
• Ability to identify and facilitate educational programs or in-service training sessions.
• Extensive knowledge of administering best nursing practices and standards.
• Ensure continual delivery of high-quality nursing care.
• Ensure that medical assistants follow professional development and regulatory standards.
• Develop nursing practices, policies, and procedures.
• Administering medication and treatment in consultations with Medical Providers.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate or Bachelor of Nursing (ADN/ASN/BSN) degree from a nationally accredited nursing program required
• Current Indiana licensure required
• Basic Life Support certification through the AHA required.
• Experience working with diverse populations, including individuals with HIV preferred.
• Knowledge of HIV and STI infection and treatment required.
*Candidates may be requested to complete a pre-hire clinical assessment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Experience in working in or with desired. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
Other than English language proficiency preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Hourly
• Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
• Leader: Lead Nurse
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media