Youth Housing Case Manager
- - Housing
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Youth Housing Case Manager
Community Impact Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Youth Housing Case Manager is an integral part of the Community Impact Division and Housing Team. This position maintains a caseload that includes youth and young adults. This position is community based and assists clients with skills they need as they transition into adult hood. The Youth Housing Case Manger is also responsible for reporting, tracking, and preparing case notes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Maintain an active caseload of youth and young adults ages 18-24 years of age who require housing and natural supports
• Collaborate with youth/young adults care teams and community-based supports
• Interview and assess clients' barriers to reaching independent housing sustainability
• Assist clients in locating affordable housing opportunities
• Assist clients in developing budgets appropriate for the household needs/income
• Formulate care plans and generate referrals to address specific client needs
• Encourage and track engagement in employment, education, and ADL development
• Perform housing inspections prior to lease signing, annually and prior to rehousing
• Complete check requests for approved expenses
• Attend care meetings with each client weekly and quarterly goal review meetings
• Complete necessary paperwork, billing requirements, and data entry in a timely fashion
• Maintain client records within HMIS and housing program spreadsheets
• Collect necessary documentation for program eligibility (ID, POS, Lease, Utilities, Income)
• Maintain client records and update client records according to program requirements
• Prepare regular reports regarding client progress for committee review
• Perform effectively within the organization and interpersonally with co-workers
• Attend staff, department, team, and other requested meetings
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a social service-related field preferred, but not required
• 5 years of experience working with LGBTQ youth and in a social services atmosphere required
• Lived experience as a LGBTQ youth or parenting youth
• Basic principles of case management
• History of working with diverse populations (LGBT, Communities of color, substance users, commercial sex workers, etc.)
• Ability to facilitate group discussions and trainings
• Bilingual in Spanish/ English a plus. Knowledge of the trends in the nonprofit housing sector also a plus
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
• Understanding of racial bias, motivational interviewing, and trauma informed/survivor centered care
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
• FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-Time
• Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media