- - Administration & Human Resources
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Damien Center Administration Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall internal and external organizational operations of Damien Center. This position is responsible for facility functions including janitorial & environmental, OSHA & safety compliance, vendor relationships, security, strategic space assessment and logistics, supply chain supervision, office management, and overarching agency functions. The Operations Manager also leads the receptionist, and will be heavily involved in the planning, and execution of satellite locations and other facility growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Strategically leads all facility internal and external operations to ensure an effective and quality organization.
• Leads reception and lobby operations including supervising the front desk coordinator and security staff.
• Works in conjunction with the Facilities Manager to ensure that all facilities maintenance requests are addressed, triaged as necessary, and completed in a timely manner.
• Oversees physical maintenance and operations of buildings, facilities, and building systems, including oversight of maintenance and cleaning vendors.
• Assist with planning and execution of building construction or renovation projects, space needs, and strategic visons for growth and satellite locations.
• Manage contractors and budgets related to buildings and facilities.
• Develops and communicates safety policies, procedures, programs, and effectively communicates training and implementation.
• Manage day to day office operations including office inventory, purchasing, supply chain, furniture needs, copiers copier maintenance/troubleshooting, elevators, etc.
• Leads the safety committee and all compliance related to required drills and safety inspections
• Works with local fire and police departments to establish and maintain healthy relationships and in-services. related to safety and security.
• Communicates with the Creative Manager and Leadership Team Members to ensure proper signage is created for closures, delays, hours changes, etc. and all involved teams are informed of holidays and building closures while also informing the authorized security company.
• Manage, maintain, and distribute all keys for the building and supply those to the HR Manager for new hires.
• Setting up and training new users with secure printing.
• Coordinate and order all furniture for the organization including needs for new hires in conjunction with the HR manager.
• Monitor the exterior of the building including parking lots, grounds, landscaping, roof, trash removal, snow removal, security, needed enhancements, etc.
• Ensure that all areas of the building, including conference rooms and consult rooms, are organized and clean and delegate when issues are found.
• Strategically plan all space issues and concerns in conjunction with the HR Manager and Special Projects Managers.
• Ensure conference room signage is accurate and posted daily.
• Troubleshoot conference room calendars and manage as necessary.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, but not required. Three to five years' experience in facilities, operations or office management required. Experience with OSHA, safety compliance, security and building operations and maintenance required. Excellent communication skills required.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
• FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-Time,
• Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
• Leader: Vice President of Talent
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media