Pharmacist - Clinical/Staffing
- - Support Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Pharmacist – Clinical/Staffing
Damien Pharmacy Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
This position is a unique hybrid combining our clinical pharmacy program and retail pharmacy program. This position will spend time working both in the clinic with direct patient interaction and in staffing the pharmacy and could evolve into a full-time position on either the clinical or pharmacy side as our program needs evolve. The ideal candidate for this position would have some clinical background with motivation to expand their clinical experience in the field of HIV treatment and prevention. They would be divided 25% clinically based, 25% pharmacy based, 25% projects assigned by the pharmacy manager and 25% Medication Therapy Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Interprets, clarifies, and transcribes all medication orders accurately and timely.
• Documents medication order clarifications.
• Monitors medication orders and reviews patient profile to ensure appropriate drug selection and documents dosage recommendations.
• Advises patients and care providers of potential drug interactions, possible side effects, storage information, and instructions on how to use medications.
• Working knowledge of the Damien Pharmacy dispensing system.
• Becomes familiar with how to utilize the Damien Cares EMR for obtaining patient information when necessary.
• Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state Board of Pharmacy and the Drug Enforcement Administration by maintaining records for controlled substances and storage of controlled substances
• Demonstrates working knowledge of 340B program and procedures of the program as it pertains to pharmacy operations.
• Assess patient readiness and ability to adhere to antiretroviral therapy (ART), evaluate adherence to ART and other therapeutic regimens, and assist patients in overcoming barriers to adherence.
• Provide initial and follow-up education related to HIV and antiretroviral medications.
• Collaborate with providers regarding patient care and serve as a resource by assisting in the selection of optimal ART regimens, counseling patients, identifying, and advising on potential drug–drug interactions, and recognizing and managing medication adverse effects.
• Maintain knowledge of current treatment guidelines for HIV and related conditions, HIV prevention, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted infections, diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, smoking cessation, COPD, asthma, and immunizations. Serve as a resource for providers, patients, and support staff during clinic hours, and provide treatment recommendations.
• Covers PTO pharmacist days off and other days as needed by pharmacy department.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree required. Active Pharmacy License in good standing in the state of Indiana.
Completion of at least a PGY1 residency or 3 years of current clinical experience. Preference given to candidates with the HIV Expert or AAHIVP credential; candidates without the AAHIVP credential are expected to obtain the credential within 36 months of employment. May require additional certifications related to overall operations of Damien Pharmacy. Experience working with diverse populations, including individuals with HIV/AIDS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
• FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time, Salaried
• Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
• Leader: Pharmacy Manager
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media