340B Financial Analyst (new position)
- Administration & Human Resources - Human Resources and Operations
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
340B Financial Analyst (new position)
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
340B is a drug discount program that allows safety-net providers to stretch federal resources further. By participating in the program, Damien Center can expand our services and provide life-saving medications to patients who could otherwise not afford them.
The 340B Analyst provides direct assistance to the 340B Program Manager. The Analyst's main role is to oversee compliance and data-related 340B tasks, focusing on auditing across the program. This position acts as the main contact for any data-related operations, troubleshooting errors and communicating those to the Program Manager. The 340B Analyst maintains exceptional knowledge of all data systems, tracks financial and claims data, and continuously reviews all systems for any irregularities or non-compliance. The Analyst investigates instances of non-compliance and reports findings to the Program Manager. This position also assists with other operations, providing reports to all stakeholders as needed, coordinating 340B Internal Committee meetings, and coordinating demonstrations with potential 340B partners. As a member of the finance team, the analyst may also complete other various financial tasks, as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Pharmacy Operations
o Acts as the primary contact for data-related 340B operations.
o Maintains deep understanding of all pharmacy database systems.
o Oversees the transmission of data to contract pharmacies.
• Audit claims to ensure compliance and prevent any instances of diversion or duplicate discounts.
• Analyze and investigates self-audit findings in conjunction with contract pharmacies, Damien Pharmacy, and Damien Cares.
• Help with the Program Manager during all audits, including external audits and potential HRSA audits.
• Assist with ensuring HRSA audit readiness.
• Continuously review all 340B data systems, ensuring consistent, accurate, and current data.
• Schedule and assist in the facilitation of all 340B Internal Committee meetings and projects, presenting quarterly auditing data and updates directly to the committee.
• Maintain excellent proficiency of the EMR system, including but not limited to visit reporting, insurance reporting, structured data, as well as patient-level details.
• Track and record financial and claim data.
• Work directly with the Program Manager and Referral Specialist to help facilitate and maximize the capture of 340B referral claims.
• Collaborate with the Program Manager with maintenance of the policies & procedures.
• Update 340B program manual with supporting documentation as needed.
• Assist the Program Manager with internal operations, troubleshooting with Damien Cares and other departments as needed.
• Attend national 340B conferences and explores potential partnerships, scheduling discussions and demonstrations.
• Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. Experience with manipulation of complex data sets required. Auditing experience preferred. Experience in nonprofit and/or pharmacy preferred. Familiarity with the 340B program is preferred, but extensive training on program integrity and compliance will be provided.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
• FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-Time,
• Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
• Leader: Director of Finance
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media