- - Support Services
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Client Engagement Team
Damien Center empowers communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Damien Center, Damien Cares and Damien Pharmacy provide client-centered social services focused on care coordination, clinical and pharmacy services, mental health, housing, and nutrition to the Indianapolis community.
The Employment Specialist will oversee all employment programming including workshops and employment classes. This position will create assess the program and create new classes/workshops as necessary. The Employment Specialist will be the liaison between Damien Center and outside organizations to continue to create employment opportunities for employment program clients. The Employment Specialist will oversee outcomes and work alongside clients to help overcome employment barriers. This position will demonstrate a strong attention to detail with the ability to work with management, staff, vendors, and clients to accomplish the strategic goals of Damien Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
• Work closely with all programs to assess needs for job seekers.
• Assess Employment Services program analyze engagement of clients.
• Maintain Dress for Success and Success Wear Referrals
• Work with clients one on one to help with job searching, resume building, and creating goals and plans to overcome employment barriers.
• Maintain workshop schedule and update workshops as needed.
• Supervise volunteers teaching workshops and fill in as necessary.
• Oversee Job Ready Indy Youth and assist with teaching classes, as necessary.
• Maintain relationships with community employment partners and continue to network and build future relationships.
• Maintain relationships with outside training partners and high school equivalency partners and assist with referring clients out to those partners as needed.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates or bachelor's degree required. One to three years of employment services, job coaching or case management experience required. Experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Possess superior organizational and administrative skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to work independently and achieve high standards of productivity, achieving deadlines and with superior product results. Strong calendaring, organizational, and document management skills required. Proactive approach to solving problems and communicating to leadership. Knowledge of office management systems, procedures, and office equipment required. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
• FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-Time,
• Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
• Leader: Client & Family Enrichment Manager
Damien Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at www.damien.org/job-opportunities
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. Damien Center employees are employed on an at-will basis. Nothing in this position description restricts Damien Center's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media