- Clinical Services - Medical Clinic
- IN, USA
- Full Time
The Nurse Practitioner works within the Damien Cares Clinic assessing and treating HIV and other common infectious diseases for adults and children in an outpatient setting. The medical provider offers infectious disease management and patient care with medication oversight, side effects management, and ongoing treatment planning. The provider will consult with collaborative infectious disease medical providers to assure quality care is provided, and when appropriate, refer to external specialty care or other needed medical care as needed by patients. The Nurse Practitioner will work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, including case management, housing, and other supportive services.
- Provide primary or specialty health care services within a defined scope of practice in collaboration with a licensed physician and in accordance with Damien Cares policies and procedures
- Consult and collaborate with infectious disease providers through established collaborative agreements to assure the highest quality care is provided to patients
- Obtain and accurately document any relevant health history, with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases
- Perform comprehensive histories and physical exams, identify normal and abnormal findings, including physical, cognitive and psychosocial status
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Develop pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment plans
- Prescribe highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and other necessary medications for HIV positive patients
- Educate patients on disease and treatment plans
- Monitor effectiveness of treatment plans
- Perform procedures as trained and appropriately credentialed
- Document within the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and complete other necessary documents
- Collaborate and/or consult with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate
- Educate, counsel, and assist patients and their families regarding current health problems, health maintenance and preventative behaviors
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and confidential medical records in accordance with established protocols
- Acquire information on the most current developments and trends in the HIV/AIDS field, through educational programs, in-services, professional associations and literature
- Participate in quality assurance and compliance activities
- Develop and implement best practices and standard of care for patients requiring infectious disease consultation
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess a Master's, Post-Master's of Doctorate degree from an advanced practice nursing program accredited by the national League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); Possess current unrestricted license to practice as an Advance Practice Nurse in Indiana.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS comprehensive care preferred; 2 years experience with HIV/AIDS comprehensive care preferred
- Experience with Hepatitis C, Transgender Care, and PrEP desired
- Requires ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when providing supervision and performing administrative tasks, direct patient care, and adhering to ethical professional standards
- Excellent assessment and communication skills
- Ability to function in a high stress environment
- Computer proficiency
- Preferred experience with an EHR or EMR
Please Note the Following:
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to agree to a background check. Employment will be contingent upon the findings.
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to sign confidentiality and data security agreements. All employees are required to sign agency confidentiality statements.
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to meet agency, program, and funding productivity standards.